Saturday, March 1, 2008

Shoe Second Thoughts

I have shoes for my wedding. Technically. I bought a pair of simple ballet slippers months ago since there are very few absolutely flat shoes that come in a 9 Wide and going with normal width is simply not an option if I don't want my feet to hate me.


But now that it's spring (for fashion, at least, even if I still am freezing my tail off outside), more white shoes are available for me to choose from.

Also, since I've decided that I want to take pictures in exciting locations like Union Station before the ceremony starts, I'll need shoes that I can actually walk around in without worrying about stepping on pebbles. So I started my search again.

I paid about $25 for the above ballet slippers from Zappos.com, Capezio Cobra (Ballet) for $25.


I love these eyelet skimmers but worry that they're too casual for wedding shoes...though my dress is floor length so it's not like I absolutely can't wear them: Grasshoppers Demi Eyelet for $46.




These are the other option I'm seriously considering, since they look cute yet comfortable and seem to strike a good balance between formal and playful. And they give me a reason to get a cute pedicure for the wedding other than the fact that I love to run around barefoot. They are, however, the most expensive pair I've looked at by a good little bit. Naturalizer Verdum, $72.95 on Zappos.

Which do you think would be best? I'm looking for honest opinions here, or I might find myself ordering whichever I'm thinking is the cutest at the moment. And if I pick another shoe, should I return my ballet slippers? (I think I still have time.)

5 comments:

Linda said...

I like the last pair. Kind of expensive but so cute.

Anonymous said...

I would prefer the middle shoes. I don't think they're too non-casual at all and I don't like the bottom ones at all.

Anonymous said...

I'm the opposite of Andrew. I like the bottom ones best, but the middle ones look more comfortable.

Lindsey said...

THE LAST PAIR!
Yes they are more expensive, but not by all that much. They are naturalizers which means they will be really comfortable. They have give around the sides so they won't rub your feet. And you will be able to use them as a dressy pair of professional or cute white shoes for summery weather. Consider it an investment. Plus they go with the style of your wedding best!
The middle ones are too casual and they don't have much give to them at all, so I guarantee they will rub your feet raw unless you wear them a lot before hand (where they will probably get dirty) and build up some calluses so that it doesn't hurt when they rub--overall bad call if you choose the second pair.

Anonymous said...

love the middle shoes